Get to know more about Dr. Spencer Wilson, our knowledgeable oral surgeon for Gilbert, Phoenix, Mesa, Casa Grande, and surrounding communities:
Dr. Spencer Wilson is a compassionate and skilled Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. He is highly educated, specially trained, and experienced in surgical procedures relating to the mouth, jaw, and facial regions. His commitment to excellence is why he’s considered a leader in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
At The Maxillofacial Surgery Center, Dr. Wilson believes in providing the highest level of care from beginning to end. He says, “The success of the procedure is largely determined by the quality of care the patient receives from the first appointment all the way to complete recovery.” This is why Dr. Wilson spends the necessary time to get to know his patients, learning their concerns and answering any questions. He uses the highest quality materials during procedures and follows up with all of his patients personally as they recover from surgery. As one patient explains, “Not only is Dr. Wilson passionate about his job as an oral surgeon, but he has great compassion for all of his patients and their own specific needs.”
As a highly skilled specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, Dr. Wilson believes in the pursuit of excellence. His professional credentials include:
- Northwestern University: Dr. Wilson earned his doctorate degree with honors.
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center: Dr. Wilson completed his surgical residency, specializing in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Dr. Wilson is a board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
As an educator in oral medicine, Dr. Wilson maintains current knowledge of new developments and cutting-edge procedures in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery. He is:
- Associate Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. At A. T. Still University’s School of Oral and Dental Health in Mesa, Arizona, Dr. Wilson teaches courses related directly to his practice.
- Course Director for Dental Implantology. Dr. Wilson is a lecturer and content director for this professional educational course designed to provide an advanced understanding of the surgical principles associated with dental implant planning, placement and management.
- Co-founder of the San Tan Study Club. Dr. Wilson provides lectures on the current developments in oral surgery.
- A frequent participant in training seminars. As both a lecturer and a learner, to maintain knowledge of medical advances in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Arizona Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Phoenix Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Service to Local and International Communities
Dr. Wilson also recognizes the importance of helping others. While he often provides charitable care locally, he also uses his expertise to help the less fortunate in other countries. His community service includes:
- Active participation as a board member of the Smile Back Foundation—a charitable organization in the East Valley that offers dental and orthodontic care to under-privileged children.
- Volunteer work with the Flying Samaritans—a group of health professionals that provides health care to the poor in Mexico.
A Novel Approach for Reconstruction of the Oral-Cutaneous Defect; Submitted to JOMS for publication
Family and Personal Life
Dr. Wilson is a dedicated husband and father. He loves to spend his free time with his wife and his five beautiful daughters. He also enjoys outdoor sports, including skiing, boating, cycling, and soccer.